Sunday, August 24, 2014

Back to school... or not?

Tomorrow will be the first time I have not started school with my children on the first day of school.  After 14 years of teaching, I am not going back this year.   Over the past year while teaching first grade full time, and maintaining my household family of six, I have completed my masters degree in Global eLearning entirely online.  Through this experience,  I have developed a whatever-it-takes attitude when it comes to accomplishing tasks at hand. Whatever it takes- up until midnight or later and up at six. Whatever it takes- missing out on family fun, Friday nights with friends, Saturday swims, hangout time... I missed a lot this year.  I am looking forward for it to all pay off.  It starts tomorrow, when I send my kids off to school and begin my day alone with the freedom to go to the bathroom when I need to, take a phone call when it comes in, have a change of scenery, surf the web to learn new things, or whatever else my little heart desires.  It's exciting- and a little strange.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the first day of your new life adventure went well Christi :)
    Shona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shona! It was wonderful. At first, I felt like I was playing "hookie," but I got over it!

      Delete